MOTORCYCLE BASIC COURSE – Total 16 HOURS OF TRAINING $500
* You can register for the Basic Course either Weekend Morning, Weekend Afternoon, or Weekday Evenings. A minimum of 2 students is required to run a course except for the Private. The basic course is government approved. Stampede Driving School will issue you a course certificate upon completion of the basic course. The certificate may help you reduce your insurance premium with most insurance brokers.
* Helmets and Gloves will be provided for your training and the road test with all courses. Motorcycles are also provided for all courses expect Refresher.
You can take a Motorcycle Course if you have any of the following classes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 license, or 6 and 7 learners license.
For those with little or no experience riding motorcycles, the Basic Course is the perfect place to start. Even people returning to the sport after a long absence will find the Basic Course a useful refresher.
In Class Motorcycle Theory:
In the 4 hours of classroom instruction, students are introduced to the controls of the motorcycle and some of the theory behind their operation. Also discussed: bike selection, safety equipment, road, traffic and weather hazards. Perhaps the greatest emphasis is placed on the importance of proper rider attitude.
On Bike Practical:
The following are some of the skills taught in this course:
* Operating the motorcycle controls and clutch effectively
* Balance and control by weaving between markers
* Riding slow speed in a straight line
* Shifting and signals shoulder check
* Effective braking
* Collision avoidance
* Shifting around curves
* Emergency braking
Students who are deemed by our instructors to be ready for the road, use the school’s bikes on a controlled group ride. Riders cover various speeds and all types of conditions beginning with slower, low-traffic residential routes.
* Please call or email our office for pricing and schedule information or if you have any questions.
Road Test Information:
For class 6 road test, you need to pass a knowledge test and get a road test permit from the registry. All Class 6 road tests are scheduled by registry agents, who will arrange for a driver examiner to do the test. Test fees are charged by the registry agents.
List of All Courses We Offer:
|Basic Training||Weekend Mornings||$500.00 + GST||Book Now
|Basic Training||Weekend Afternoon||$500.00 + GST||Book Now
|Basic Training||Weekday Evenings||$500.00 + GST||Book Now
|Test Preparation Course||$200.00 + GST||More Information
|Refresher Training||$200.00 + GST||More Information
|Additional Practice Training||$250.00 + GST||More Information
|Skills Advancement Training||$275.00 + GST||More Information
|Can-AM Spyder and Trikes||$75/HOUR + GST||More Information
|Private Training||$800.00 + GST||More Information